(MENAFN – GetNews) 3D Printing Filament Market By Type (Plastics, Metals, Ceramics), End Use Industry (Aerospace, Medical & Dental, Automotive, Electronics), Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, MEA, South, ) America)
The 3D Printing Filament market is estimated at $ 739 million in 2020 and is projected to reach $ 2,552 million by 2025, with a CAGR of 28.1% from 2020 to 2025. The plastics segment is expected to be the market for List 3D printing filaments. due to the increasing demand for ABS and PLA materials for printing objects in the consumer industry. In addition, the high demand for plastics in the manufacture of medical components and devices due to the COVID-19 outbreak is expected to fuel the growth of 3D printing filaments in the plastics segment. 3D printing filament has played an important role in the manufacture of medical components such as swabs, face masks, and ventilation dividers
Big companies like Stratasys Ltd. (USA), 3D Systems Corporation (USA), Koninklijke DSM NV (Netherlands), Materialize NV (Belgium), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), Arkema SA (France), Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC.)) (Saudi Arabia ), DuPont de Nemours, Inc. (USA), BASF 3D Printing Solutions GmbH (Germany), HP Inc. (USA), EOS GmbH – Electro Optical Systems (Germany), Shenzhen Esun Industrial Co., Ltd. (China), CRP Technology Srl (Italy), EnvisionTEC GmbH (Germany), Oxford Performance Materials, Inc. (USA) and MG Chemicals (Canada) are important players in the 3D printing filament market, among others. These players have focused on development strategies such as acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, expansions, agreements, and new product developments and launches that have helped them grow their businesses in untapped and potential markets. In addition, they are pursuing various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as agreements, new product developments, acquisitions and partnerships to expand their current position in the 3D printing filament market.
To learn more about the assumptions used for the study, download the pdf brochure
Stratasys Ltd. is one of the leading providers of 3D printing solutions for rapid prototyping and direct digital manufacturing (DDM). In addition, the company develops, produces and markets materials such as metals, plastics and ceramics for the 3D printing market and the associated services. The company offers two major 3D printing technologies: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) and PolyJet. As of December 31, 2019, Stratasys held approximately 1,000 issued patents and has approximately 500 patent applications pending worldwide.
- In April 2020, Stratasys Ltd. closed entered into a strategic partnership agreement with Origin to offer 3D printed nasopharyngeal swabs to the healthcare sector. As part of this partnership, the company markets and markets Origin’s 3D printed nasopharyngeal swabs to healthcare providers and testing centers in the United States. This partnership aims to help the company improve its market position in the healthcare sector and expand its business applications.
- In April 2020, MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys Ltd. and a world leader in 3D printing, its METHOD material portfolio has been expanded to include PC-ABS and PC-ABS FR special materials for functional prototyping and end-use applications. MakerBot has rapidly expanded its industrial grade materials for the METHOD platform and is focused on providing a wider range of industrial grade solutions for additive manufacturing applications.
3D Systems Corporation provides comprehensive 3D printing solutions and is a global leader in additive manufacturing solutions. The company continues to develop new materials across its plastics portfolio to address a wider range of manufacturing applications. In addition, 3D Systems has planned several innovations for its plastics portfolio to help manufacturers address a broader application portfolio. It offers its 3D printing solutions to markets such as aerospace, automotive, medical, dental, and consumer products.
- In February 2020, 3D Systems Corporation extended its agreement with Sanmina Corporation (USA) to manufacture certain plastic 3D printing platforms. The company already has an ongoing relationship with Sanmina to manufacture the Figure 4 platform. With this contract extension, the company continues to focus on its core competencies of plastic materials and application development.
- In March 2020, 3D Systems Corporation will help medical device manufacturers and hospitals fight the COVID-19 pandemic. 3D Systems Corporation has partnered with Isinnova (Italy) to manufacture 100 valves that enable the manufacture of emergency ventilation masks.
Koninklijke DSM NV (Royal DSM) is one of the key players in the 3D printing filament market. The company offers different types of 3D printing materials under different brands, namely Arnite, Arnitel and Novamid. The company supplies 3D printing plastics for prototype construction and other applications. It endeavors to expand its product range by adding new materials, in particular thermoplastics, to its product portfolio. The company’s network of operations includes more than 110 commercial manufacturing facilities in over 40 countries.
- In June 2020 Koninklijke DSM NV entered into an agreement to acquire certain parts of the 3D printing business portfolio of Clariant AG (Switzerland) in order to expand rapid market-oriented product development solutions. DSM acquired Clariant’s 3D printing materials business, which enables DSM to provide rapid product development iterations for high performance filaments and pellets based on application requirements. The strategy enables DSM to strengthen its portfolio of technical filaments, pellets and powders.
Request sample report:
About MarketsandMarkets ™
MarketsandMarkets ™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities / threats that will affect 70% to 80% of companies’ global revenue. It currently serves 7,500 customers worldwide, including 80% of the global Fortune 1000 companies as customers. Nearly 75,000 top managers from eight industries worldwide turn to MarketsandMarkets ™ because of their difficulty in making sales decisions.
Our 850 full-time analysts and SMEs at MarketsandMarkets ™ pursue global growth markets according to the “Growth Engagement Model – GEM”. The GEM aims to work proactively with customers to identify new opportunities, identify key customers, write strategies to attack, avoid and defend, and identify sources of additional revenue for both the company and its competitors. MarketsandMarkets ™ now offers 1,500 MicroQuadrants annually (positioning of top players from leading companies, emerging companies, innovators and strategic players) in high-growth emerging segments. MarketsandMarkets ™ is determined to assist more than 10,000 companies with their revenue planning this year and to help them get their innovations / disruptions to market early by providing them with predictive research.
MarketsandMarkets’ flagship platform for competitive intelligence and market research, “Knowledge Store”, connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains to provide a deeper understanding of unreached insights along with market sizes and niche market forecasts.
Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without any guarantee. We assume no responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this item, please contact the above provider.